SELECTED RECENT PUBLICATIONS
- Geyman, JP. Quentin Young Festschrift. Northwestern University Magazine, Summer 2016, In Press
- Geyman, JP. Beyond the Affordable Care Act: Alternate futures for family medicine and primary care. Family Medicine 48 (2): 95-99, 2016.
- Geyman, JP. Traditional Medicare is under attack by market forces. Interview by Larry Weigel, the Medicare Coach. February 8, 2016.
- Geyman, JP. Book review. America’s Bitter Pill: Money, Politics, Backroom Deals, and the Fight to Fix Our Broken Healthcare System. Anesthesia & Analgesia 30 (30), November 2015.
- Geyman, JP. A five-year assessment of the Affordable Care Act: Market forces still trump the common good in U.S. health care. Intl J Health Services. Published on line February 2015 and in vol 45 (2), April, 2015.
- Geyman, JP. Cost-sharing under consumer-driven health care will not reform U.S. health care. Journal of Law, Medicine and Ethics, Fall 2012.
- Geyman, JP. Make original Medicare the foundation of health care reform. SeattlePI.com, July 31, 2008.
- Geyman, JP. Beyond a dying private health insurance industry: A hidden solution in plain sight. Webcast Video Commentaries, Medscape Journal of Medicine.
- Geyman, JP. Moral hazard and consumer-driven health care: A fundamentally flawed concept. Intl J Health Services 37 (2): 331-51, 2007.
- Geyman, JP. Disease management: Panacea, another false hope, or something in between? Ann Fam Med 5 (3):257-60, 2007.
- Geyman, JP. Family medicine and health care reform. Amer Fam Phys 72 (5): 754-5. 2005.
- Geyman, JP. Myths and memes about single-payer health insurance in the United States: A rebuttal to conservative claims. Intl J Health Services 35 ( ): 63-90, 2005.
- Geyman, JP. The common interest: Is it time for national health insurance? Boston Review, Nov/Dec 2005, 8-11.
- Geyman, JP. Drawing on the legacy of general practice to build the future of family medicine. Fam Med 36 (9): 631-8, 2004.
- Geyman, JP. Privatization of Medicare: Toward disentitlement and betrayal of a social contract. Intl J Health Services 34 (4): 573-94, 2004.
- Geyman, JP. The corporate transformation of medicine and its impact on costs and access to care. J Am Board of Family Pract 16 (5): 443-54. 2003.
- Geyman, JP. Myths as barriers to health reform. Intl J Health Services 33 (2): 315-29, 2003.
- Geyman, JP. Family practice in a failing health care system: New opportunities to advocate to system reform. J Am Board Fam Pract 15 (5): 407-16, 2002.
SELECTED EARLIER PUBLICATIONS
- Geyman, JP. Evidence-based medicine in primary care: An overview. J Am Board Fam Pract 11 (1): 46-56, 1998.
- Geyman, JP, Hart, LG. Primary care at a crossroads: Progress, problems and future projections. J Am Board Fam Pract 7 (1): 60-70, 1994.
- Geyman, JP. Trends in primary care practice and education in developed countries. Family Physician, Israel 14 (3): 38, 252-62, 1987.
- Geyman, JP. Training primary care physicians for the 21st century: Alternative scenarios for competitive versus generic approaches. JAMA 255 (19): 2631-5, 1986.
- Geyman, JP. The Oslerian tradition and changing medical education: A reappraisal. West J Med 138: 884-8, 1983.
- Geyman, JP. Future medical practice in the United States: A choice of scenarios. JAMA 245 (11): 1140-3, 1981.